Build a Baseline
Our approach is to build a comprehensive baseline of your current print environment. Our SmartPrint Managed Print Services (MPS) Consultants will deploy our analytic software tools and conduct a physical walkthrough, locating print devices and interviewing end users. When is the best time to start? Right away! Too often, print assessments are only done when justification is needed for a new equipment purchase. These print assessments are very short, normally focused on a single department or area in the organization with the resulting data not providing a complete picture of the printing environment. The result is decisions made on incomplete data and/or assumption-based costing. The key point being: the longer and more complete the measurement period, the better data you’ll have to make smart decisions.
Once the baseline has been established, the next step is to implement a process to continually measure the fleet. You’ll need to measure both usage and costs;The old adage is true – “You can’t manage what you don’t know”. With our SmartPrint MPS Program, this process is done for you.
Over time, you have the ability to manage the print environment on real information, but it starts with an assessment. Invariably, you’ll be surprised at what you’ll learn following the initial assessment. Simply put:
- The Pareto Principle (80/20 rule) is true – most printing is done on just a few devices.
- The total cost to print (equipment, supplies, parts, service and labor) on a workgroup laser printer is 50% less than what it costs to print using a copier.
- There are a lot more printers than previously thought.
- The total expenditures for print, copy, fax and scan is staggering
- There are a lot of redundant devices.
- Printer fleet management is a process, not a one-time event. The first step to fleet management is doing an accurate and comprehensive assessment.
Book an Assessment
If you are considering a Managed Print Services solution, SmartPrint’s Managed Print Services Consultants are ready to better understand your goals and challenges, assess your environment, and make recommendations to optimize your print environment. SmartPrint will conduct a no-obligation assessment of your current printing and imaging environment that includes:
- I.T. time and expense required to support the print.
- Total annual printing expense.
- Annual print volumes and device usage.
- Device performance, lifecycle and down time.
- Budgeting and capital print expenditures.
- End user issues and requirements.
Our SmartPrint Managed Print Services Consultants will guide you through the assessment process using our suite of analytic tools and our exclusive SmartPrint MPS Assessment Process. Gathering internal information will require a degree of involvement on your part, but the minimal time commitment will provide you a complete overview of your print environment, often for the first time!
What You’ll Get
We’ll provide you with a Report of Findings that shows your current environment, costs and areas for improvement. With a complete picture of the current environment, we’ll show you the projected annual savings under our SmartPrint MPS Program. Our Managed Print Services Consultants will then walk you through our SmartPrint 5 Step Project Planner outlining the easy transition to our SmartPrint MPS Program.
How Long Does It Take?
The time required to complete an Assessment and present the Report of Findings can vary from site to site, depending on the size and complexity of the organization’s print environment. Typically, it takes approximately two to four weeks to complete, with minimal time commitment required on your part.